Family Law Associate Lawyer
Value & Profile
The Family Law Group at Ross & McBride LLP is committed to educating our clients about the rights and obligations family members have to each other and under the law. We negotiate many different family law issues. Our priority is to bring about amicable and beneficial resolutions to family matters. At Ross & McBride LLP our knowledge and resources extend beyond the courts to assist people in rebuilding and adapting to the changing dynamics of their family life.
Scope & Responsibilities
We are seeking a skilled Family Law lawyer with at least 3 years of experience, including drafting pleadings such as Applications (including uncontested Divorce Applications), Answers, Case Conference Briefs, Affidavits, Notice(s) of Motion, Motions, drafting Separation Agreements and domestic contracts, attending court appearances. The candidate is expected to be confident and experienced with the proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- 3 + years of experience in the areas of Family Law
- License in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Highly organized, keen attention for detail and interest in working in an energetic environment.
- Extensive experience with DivorceMate is a definite asset.
- Solid drafting, research and writing skills.
We are offering
- Remuneration commensurate with experience.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- A collegial and dynamic work environment which values work/life balance.
Please submit the following in confidence to Mr. Tim Parker via email only at email@example.com
1. Cover letter (1 page)
2. C.V. (no more than 2 pages)
If you require accommodation in the application/interview process, please advise Mr. Parker by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 905-526-9800. Visit us at rossmcbride.com to learn more about us and practicing law in Hamilton. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.