David is a Business Lawyer at Ross & McBride LLP. He is also a partner with the firm.
He had a background in taxation before his call to the Bar in 2002. David represents a wide range of clients in connection with a variety of business matters. His clients range from small family and owner operated businesses to national and multinational corporations, Canadian subsidiaries of public companies, trade and professional associations and nonprofit organizations.
His practice focuses on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including business start-up and incorporation, financing and secured transactions, tax reorganization, purchase and sale of businesses, corporate governance and shareholder agreements. He has developed a particular expertise in commercial leasing and licensing in which he has acted on behalf of landlords, tenants, developers, property managers, municipalities and lenders.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Purchase and Sale of Businesses
- Leasing and Licensing
- Incorporation and Business Start-up
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Financing and Secured Transactions
- Charitable and Non-Profit Organizations
Organizations and Activities
- Theatre Aquarius
- Hamilton Small Claims Court Mediator
- Brampton Heritage Theatre
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Return Program
- Hamilton Law Association
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Hamilton Mountain Legal & Community Services Clinic
Thinking of Taking on a Business Partner?