Gerry practises in the area of business law providing counsel to entrepreneurs of a variety of commercial enterprises both small and large. In addition, he practices in the area of commercial real estate law. Gerry was born and raised in Hamilton, Ontario. He received his Honours Bachelor of Arts degree from McMaster University in 1969. He then attended Queens University where he received a Bachelor of Laws degree and was called to the Bar in 1974.
Gerry is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Hamilton Law Association. In addition, Gerry is a Rotarian and past President of the Rotary Club of Waterdown. He is also a past President of the Flamborough Chamber of Commerce and the Hamilton Gallery of Distinction. Gerry has served as a municipal councillor in the former Town of Flamborough and was twice a candidate for the Parliament of Canada. Gerry is currently the solicitor of The Synod of the Diocese of Niagara and is a member of the Order of Niagara. Gerry’s other activities include golf and an ongoing interest in politics.
Areas of Expertise
- Secured Financial Transactions for Lenders and Borrowers
- Charities Law
- Business Acquisitions
- Shareholders’ and Partnership Agreements
- Corporate Reorganizations including tax restructuring and amalgamations
- Professional Corporations
- Commercial Leases
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Law
Organizations and Activities
In the Community
- Member and Past President of the Rotary Club of Waterdown
- Director, Waterdown Rotary Garden Court Inc.
- Past President of the Flamborough Chamber of Commerce
- Past President of the Hamilton Gallery of Distinction
- Former Municipal councillor for the Town of Flamborough
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Flamborough Chamber of Commerce
- Hamilton Law Association
- Hamilton Lawyers’ Club
If I am involved in a corporation with other shareholders, should we have a Shareholders’ Agreement?