Rick is a Partner at Ross & McBride LLP, practising in the Labour & Employment Law Group.
His practice involves all aspects of Management Side Labour Relations. Rick has repeatedly represented employers before the Ontario Labour Relations Board and the Canadian Industrial Relations Board. He advocates on behalf of Management at arbitration's involving all types of grievances, and also acts for Employers with respect to the Ontario Health and Safety Act matters. He regularly represents his clients in negotiating collective agreements and provides them advice on day to day issues.
Rick has also gained extensive experience appearing at many levels of Courts in Ontario, including the Divisional Court and the Court of Appeal.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Litigation
- Disability Insurance Claims
- Occupational Health and Safety Matters
- Management Side Labour Relations
Organizations and Activities
- Hamilton Medical Legal Society (Member)
- Ancaster Village Non-Profit Housing (Director)
- Hamilton Health Sciences Addiction Services Committee (Member)
- Hamilton Law Association (Member)
- Board Member - Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice